Our advanced "jobs by email" will send you new jobs every day.
Recruiters will contact you directly about jobs they have available.
Registration only takes a few minutes, but will save you hours.
Canada (Part Time, Permanent) £45,000 - £50,000 / Year
Bridge Engineer - Canada
POSITION - Bridge Engineer
BASED - BARRIE
Our client a leading, well-established consulting engineer for the planning, design and construction administration of transportation infrastructure (primarily roads, highways, bridges and transit systems).
Based in Ontario, the culture is one on vast employee growth and development and has evolved to one of high achievement orientation with many long service highly engaged employees on staff. The enviable culture is flexible, professional and relaxed, yet keenly focused with a track record of growth and success.
They are currently recruiting for an Intermediate Bridge Engineer to join our team of highly skilled professionals in our Structural Engineering for Bridge and Structures Group office in BARRIE Ontario
This role will provide you with the opportunity to utilize your strong technical and interpersonal skills while coordinating projects and interfacing with clients.
Not only will you be implementing innovative and effective concepts and designs, you will also be working with professionals who specialize in delivering quality services to major clients.
The specifics of the position are as follows:
Responsibilities and Duties:
• Structural design of new bridges, culverts, retaining walls and structural repairs in accordance with CSA-S6-CHBDC;
• Coordination and liaison with clients, approving authorities, and outside design team members;
• Preparation of Engineering Drawings, Specifications, and Cost Estimates along with coordination of the construction administration associated with replacement and/or rehabilitation of existing bridge structures;
• Maintenance of existing client base and business development to expand the client base, including preparation of technical proposals and fee estimates to secure future bridge projects in order to maintain profitability within the Bridges group;
• Overall Technical and Financial accountability for the Bridges group; and
• Coordinating, Coaching, and Mentoring intermediate and junior staff. Qualifications:
• Licensed Professional Engineer (P.Eng.) in Ontario;
• Minimum of 5 years of experience in design of transportation structures in Ontario;
• Strong working knowledge of the Ontario Building Code, Canadian Highway Bridge Design Code (CAN-S6) and the MTO Structural Manual;
• Strong computer software skills relating to current structural analysis software, along with AutoCAD, Word, Excel & MS Project;
• Potential for MTO RAQS registration in the design and evaluation of complex structures (multi-span) would be an asset.
• Independent, organized and motivated team player with excellent oral and written (English) communication and interpersonal skills;
• Strong ability to develop effective and trustworthy relationships both with clients and within the organization; and
• Proactive mindset and excellent problem solving and decision-making skills;